Check that your PC is preloaded with Microsoft Office 2010:
If you can't locate Office 2010 on your PC, go to www.office.com/productkeycard
Essential tools you need to complete school and household projects efficiently.
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 gives you the tools you need to complete school and home projects efficiently — from creating outstanding class presentations to managing household finances.
Design school presentations that get attention
- Add eye-catching effects and media — including video, audio, and photos — to class presentations, with easy-to-use tools in PowerPoint 2010.
- Make slides more memorable with photo-editing features that let you crop, control brightness and contrast, sharpen or soften, and add other visual effects without leaving PowerPoint 2010.
- Insert and edit videos right in your presentation and add creative effects with the video editor.
- Add a professional touch with dynamic slide transitions and animations.
- Broadcast your PowerPoint 2010 presentation through a web browser to remote audiences — even if they don’t have PowerPoint.
Manage your household budget
- Build a budget and track expenses quickly with ready-to-use templates in Excel 2010.
- See important data trends quickly with easy-to-use analysis tools such as Sparklines that show a tiny chart embedded in a cell or Conditional Formatting to help you easily spot variations.
- Use improved charting tools and SmartArt graphics to make dynamic charts, diagrams, and graphs to easily spot trends and better understand your budget.
Organize all of your information in one place
- Create a digital notebook in OneNote 2010 to organize your ideas and important information for any project, from a home remodel to a major purchase decision.
- Communicate your ideas visually with dozens of SmartArt graphics that you can customize.
- Make title pages and headings stand out with effects like glow, reflections, and shadows that you can apply to your text.
- Browse through an outline of your document’s pages or headings, or view search results in the improved Navigation Pane.
System Requirements Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 Windows
PC with atleast 500 MHz or faster processor running Windows XP (must have SP3) (32-bit), Windows 7, Windows Vista with Service Pack (SP) 1, Windows Server 2003 with SP2 and MSXML 6.0 (32-bit Office only), Windows Server 2008, or later 32- or 64-bit OS.
512mb of RAM recommended.
3.0 GB available disk space
1024x576 or higher resolution monitor
Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 9.0c graphics card with 64 MB or more video memory.