Terms and Conditions
HARVEY NORMAN TECH2HOME TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
HARVEY NORMAN TECH2HOME (“HNT2H”) provides mobile on-site computer maintenance, support and consulting services (“the services”). The services are provided to the Customer subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Service. The Customer agrees that by signing this invoice the Customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions of Service set out herein. Appointments and Rates
1. HNT2H will attend the Customer’s premises at the pre- arranged time. The Customer will pay for the services provided, at the rates outlined on the reverse of this document.
2. The Customer shall remain at the Customer’s home or premises while HNT2H is in attendance.
3. Cancellation of any appointment must be advised to HNT2H no later than 5pm on the working day prior to the day of the appointment. HNT2H reserves the right to invoice any Customer where cancellation occurs at any time on the day of the appointment.
4. The Customer may terminate the appointment at any time. On termination No refund will be given.
5. HNT2H accepts no liability in respect of any problem(s) it may not remedy due to any matter beyond its control including but not limited to the age, specification or condition of the Customer’s hardware or software, Customer’s failure to provide appropriate software discs, drivers or product serial numbers or any fault with the Customer’s Internet Service Provider.
6. The Customer hereby confirms that a full back-up of the Customer’s hard-drive has been made prior to HNT2H commencing the services and that there is no legal restriction or impediment to HNT2H providing services to the Customer. 7. Under no circumstances shall HNT2H be liable either in contract, tort or otherwise, to the Customer, its employees, agents, or any third party, for any injury or damages, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of, or related to the services provided by HNT2H or out of the installation, deinstallation, use of, or inability to use the Customer’s computer equipment, hardware, software or peripherals. The Customer will, upon demand, indemnify HNT2H in respect of any loss, damage or injury arising from the provision of the services. For the avoidance of doubt HNT2H has no liability for Customer data lost or damage incurred in any circumstances whatsoever.
8. HNT2H will maintain the confidentiality of the Customer’s files and/or data and undertakes not to provide any Customer information to any third party save in the event it is lawfully required to do so. HNT2H reserves the right to refuse the
provision of services for any reason including but not limited to circumstances such as the presence of unlicensed or illegal software or material, or material of an obscene or pornographic nature on a Customer’s computer. If for such reason HNT2H terminates the services the Customer shall be liable for and pay to HNT2H, at that time, the charges incurred in respect of time spent, in accordance with clause 3 above.
Goods provided by HNT2H
9. HNT2H may make recommendations to the Customer or the Customer may request that a product be provided by HNT2H in order that HNT2H can perform the services. All expressed or implied warranties, description, representations and conditions as to fitness or suitability for any purpose in respect of the services, including in respect of any product, including but not limited to any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by HNT2H, are expressly excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, HNT2H has no liability as to the suitability for the performance of the services, of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by any third party, whether or not that product has been recommended to the Customer by HNT2H. Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the Customer shall remain the property of HNT2H until full payment is received.
10. Any component dependant upon connection to the internet requires an active Internet Service Provider account prior to the visit. This service does not include installing or moving phone, network or power wall jacks.
11. Parts of this installation may require additional products to be purchased which may include cables and wiring.
12. Where data transfer is required the file format must be supported by the software on the new computer, and the old computer must be running Windows 2000/XP or later. Updates
13. Some software or hardware installations may require a driver update, but where these are not available we cannot guarantee successful installation (and this will not qualify for a refund of the Service).
Return Visit & Complaints Policy
14. In the event of any dissatisfaction with the service provided by HNT2H, the Customer should immediately contact the Store Manager from the store of purchase. HNT2H will make an appointment for a return visit by the Technician. The Technician will endeavour to rectify the problem. If the cause of the dissatisfaction was due to a matter beyond the control of HNT2H, the Customer shall pay for the additional time incurred at HNT2H’s normal rates. If the problem arose directly as a result of HNT2H’s previous attendance no further charge shall be made.
15. Where installation is further than 30km from the store, additional charges may apply.